Friday, May 18, 2012

A time to stand | Health And Fitness

I went to the doctor today for some antibiotics since I was unable to completely kick the bug out that I had gotten from some sharing soul or maybe it just floated by. Anyway I am sitting there waiting to go in when the clinic orderly pushes a man up to the window in a wheelchair, nothing unusual I know un till the nurse said ?He wants to see you back on Monday and with that the elderly gentleman said I do not know if I have an opening it seem?s everyone wants to see me and then hands the nurse a small pocket calendar and say?s to the nurse please see if I have any openings? This is sad to say the least and I know we all have our battles but to me this is not living. They say we live longer than ever before but is this there definition of living it is certainly not mine now or ever. I thought about this gentleman on my way back to work and it just kept bothering me un till I checked my Face book and watched a video of a brave young lady who has epilepsy. She was told by the Doctors there was many things she would not be able to do for her illness would keep her from any lifestyle at all no driver license not being able to have children and so on. However she took that is not right approach and ventured out and found she could do the things they said could not be done. Just as the doctors told me I had to lower my cholesterol due to my heart disease and found out the cure was 10 times worse than the disease. My point is there are always alternatives and just maybe if the Doctors were honest with the gentleman I saw today years ago and got him moving and in better physical shape just may be he would have no need for his medical calendar. I do not believe I would want to live like that under any circumstances, so I do my part to lower my cholesterol naturally as possible as I am un able to take any kind of statin drugs. Any of the side effects stated on the package I witnessed and again the cure was worse than disease itself. The hard part will be for this young lady is to keep up the healthy lifestyle she has so adorned and that folks is the fight we must all endure to survive and live a better quality of life. And please do not accept the Doctor?s word as your only choice as there are many. God Bless and get going
Russ

?

ohio state girl with the dragon tattoo ohio state basketball collateral dick cheney heart umf peter frampton

No comments:

Post a Comment